…What could survive a horrific building fire. A week ago a fire ravaged a ladies fashion shop and the above flat in the local High Street. Nobody was hurt, thank God, but the building was left in such a state that it had to be pulled down. A lot of local history died with its demise.
What I found quite fascinating by the whole thing is what actually survived. One report said that somebody who lived across the road from the building actually burnt his hand on his living room window, the heat was that intense. So, I present to you this photograph. Middle right, a bookcase full of books is still there now, unscathed!